Friday, November 19, 2010

Preparing the Little One for Snowy Weather!


With the snowy weather on the way, it is time for us to get the little ones prepared for winter walks and car rides. As I prepare my little man for our outings; I started to think of the basics that I am needing to make sure he is warm and prepared.

  • My first purchase a month or so ago, was the basic car-seat/stroller sleep bag. I was lucky to find one at a reasonable price at the Super Store on Lougheed Highway. The two main things to look for when picking one out is that it has a hole between the legs when buckling the little one in his or her car seat or stroller. Another thing that was on my worry list was if the sleeper was washable and would not show stains. Try this link for a Super Store $10 coupon on any winter gear.
  • Next on my list was something to keep the little ones legs warm on those cold days when he was all bundled into my ERGO carrier. I tend to put him in the carrier when taking a quick stop or in stores that are not so stroller friendly. I found that the leg warmers also keep his little shoes on and make sure that his legs stay warm when his pants ride up in the carrier. I found one option at H&M that was a thicker grey pair for $6.99. These worked as an emergency pair to get him home today when the cold hit. Another option that was shared with me, is a site called www.babylegs.ca  After taking a look at this site I found that they do offer pretty cool boy options and a high fit for your little one to wear with a onsie if you want to layer. 
  • Another important purchase you may want to look into is the rain covers offered for your stroller. I have found that my Bob Stroller offers a solution that is best suited for their stroller. These range from $40-$60 for the cover Bob Stroller Rain Cover. After looking around further I did come across another suitable solution made by Jolly Jumper, this can be found at most children's gear stores for around $15. 
  • If your baby is a picky baby when it comes to his or her bottles, you may want to pick-up a cooler bag from a local shop. I have found them at the dollar store and zeller for a really good price. I would also recommend picking up some Hand Warmers from your local sports store to keep them room temperature for the little one. 
  • I also found this cool product called the Mommy Mitten. After a very rainy walk the other day and a stroller handle that was soaking wet... this may have came in handy!
  • Last but not least is the basics, and this includes a hat with a chin stap or ties and mittens to keep those little hands and head warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment